Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

1.) I have a LC Smith 28 inch double barrel 12 gauge shotgun…

Customer Question
1.) I have a LC...
1.) I have a LC Smith 28 inch double barrel 12 gauge shotgun that belonged to my grandmother. It's part of an estate and I'm the executor. I wanted to know the value of such a gun. The serial number is XXXXX it has a monogram on the trigger shield with my grandmother's name and the town which she lived in when it was acquired.

2.) I have... Read full answer

2.) I have another gun that belonged to her, a Boss & Co double barrel 12 gauge shotgun serial number 7937 in it's original case which is monogramed.

Both guns have not been fired in as long as I have been aware of them, they have been carefully stored and need some cosmetic care.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
4/8/2014
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 5 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Thank you for using Blue Book, Just Answer and Pearl.com!

My name is Philip and I'll be glad to help you.

1. On the LC Smith, take the barrels off the gun and look at the part of the frame that was covered by the barrels before you removed them (called the "watertable). Tell me what markings you see there. I'm particularly interested in letters and/or numbers - such as "A-2" or "00" or "5".

2. What other markings do you see on the gun (names, dates, whatever)?

3. On the Boss & Co. - is it a side-by-side or an over/under?

4. On the Boss - what other markings do you see on that gun, including anything on the watertable?

Philip
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have an older shotgun. It's a 12 gauge double barrel side
I have an older shotgun. It's a 12 gauge double barrel side by side with a gold plated single trigger that i purchased back in 1969. … read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor,
Various law enforcement academies
I have an old double barrel shotgun, sold by Hunter Arms Co,
I have an old double barrel shotgun, sold by Hunter Arms Co, LC Smith model with double triggers and double hammers. I don't know the year it was made, and the serial number is ***** Can you give me i… read more
Tom
Tom
Associate Degree,
Law Enforcement Armorer
I am attempting to determine the value of my LCSmith side by
I am attempting to determine the value of my LCSmith side by side, 28 inch barrel in 20 ga. Maybe determine the age as well. … read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
Phil. I have taken some pictures and hope I get the pictures
hi Phil. I have taken some pictures and hope I get the pictures with the right descriptions #1 L.C Double barrel 12 Damascus wire twist barrel. Serial #81634, 30 inch barrel Munter or Ilunter Arms Co … read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,
I have a Lc. double single trigger,serial#RE135843on the
I have a Lc. Smith double single trigger,serial#RE135843on the stock. And RE135243 in barrels!???! … read more
Tom
Tom
Associate Degree,
Law Enforcement Armorer
I have a LC western field shotgun. Model # 149682 I am
I have a LC Smith western field shotgun. Model # 149682 I am trying to find out the year itwS made and the value. … read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am trying to help my cousin in Cincinnati oh to evaluate
I am trying to help my cousin in Cincinnati oh to evaluate her late husband's gun collection. He has L C smith, Remmington modle 94, and others. could you provide ballpark values for guns? … read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor,
Various law enforcement academies
JL WARRIORS CHELTENHAM W UHH LOTS SEREAL # 8452. My Father
JL WARRIORS CHELTENHAM W UHH LOTS SEREAL # 8452. My Father has a double barrel shot gun that is in good condition and he was wanting to know the value. It has two triggers 12 gauge J.B. Warrliow silve… read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist,
I have two guns that belong to an estate. Im the executor.
I have two guns that belong to an estate. I'm the executor. 1.) L.C. Smith 12 gauge double barrel shotgun serial number 189690. Monogram on the trigger guard. 2.) Boss & Co 12 gauge double barrel shot… read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist,
dear sir I have A 1918 L.c.smith trap grade 12G side by side
dear sir I have A 1918 L.c.smith trap grade 12G side by side full on full serial no. 360273R hunter arms co. mfrs fulton ny double trigger on the side of the gun we have engravings of two fesants or q… read more
Tom
Tom
Associate Degree,
Law Enforcement Armorer
I have came across an old lc smith double barrel shotgun ..it
I have came across an old lc smith double barrel shotgun ..it has a serial number and at the end of the serial number there is a smaller number 2 on it?is that smaller number part of the serial number… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,
How much is an L.C. Smith/Hunter Arms Co. 12 Gauge double barrel
How much is an L.C. Smith/Hunter Arms Co. 12 Gauge double barrel shotgun valued at? Serial no 75923. Have ext hammers, patd Mar 29 83, LC SMITH stamped on both sides, No engraving. Do you have an esti… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor,
Various law enforcement academies
Stop searching for answers—
I have a double barrel 16 gauge LC smith ideal grade. The gun
I have a double barrel 16 gauge LC smith ideal grade. The gun has some rust on the barell, has had work done to the stock, and the barrel stamping is hard to see. Everything has matching serial number… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,
Shotgun, dbl barel,12 ga, damascus steel barrel, Baker Gun
Shotgun, dbl barel,12 ga, damascus steel barrel, Baker Gun Co., Batavia, NY. Modled after Remingtion 1882. Condition is used but too heavy to be used much.… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,
I have 4 old shotguns that I would like an idea as to what
I have 4 old shotguns that I would like an idea as to what they may be worth. They are in good condition and haven't been fired in over 60 years: L.C. Smith double barrel; Knickerbocker double barrel … read more
Will
Will
Executive Director,
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX have a L.C. Smith i got from my grand pa
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX have a L.C. Smith i got from my grand pa it has a serial num. of r57747 field grade can u tell me about it what other info do u need?… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,
browing 12 guage 28" serial number13382 with case probably
browing 12 guage 28" serial number13382 with case probably fired 20 times where can I find the value?… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,
what is the value of 12 gage dubble shotgun in mint condition
what is the value of 12 gage dubble shotgun in mint condition with lc smith on the sides and on top lc smith -12 ga-fields-fulton, ny usa the number in side is FWS52336 FIELD. THANKS STEVE… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Associate Degree,