Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions
My grandfather gave me a 1851 colt navy revolver. It has
Hi my grandfather gave me a 1851 colt navy revolver. It has Colt patent on gun and Samuel colt New York on the barrel. The serial number on the gun and cylinder matches at 52628. Good condition. … read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
I have a 1849 colt pocket model with all matching numbers. I
I have a 1849 colt pocket model with all matching numbers. I measured the bore at 31 and the cylinder at 31 but the brass frame on the left side just behind the tiger loop is stamped 36 caliber. What … read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist
Second opinion] seeking info on Colt pocket navy with patent
Second opinion] seeking info on Colt pocket navy jane with patent dates of 1871 & 1872. … read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I need to talk to an expert on an 1849 Colt pocket pistol. I
I need to talk to an expert on an 1849 Colt pocket pistol. I prefer to call you. … read more
Jon
Jon
Colt black powder pistol seral number 111222. Is a five shot
Sam colt black powder pistol seral number 111222 JA: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you… read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist
I have an old pistol given to my family, and I'm wondering
Hello! I have an old pistol given to my family, and I'm wondering what the value of it might be. It has markings on it, "Pat. Sept. 19, 1871, July 2, 1872, and Jan. 19, 1875" The serial numbers are 62… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Need approx. wide range value 8mm discontinued in 1938
Need approx. wide range value for an 8mm discontinued in 1938 mauser 8mm rifle. In good condition. Needs to be looked at by an expert gun person to be certain it is operating properly, it has not been… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I just got the historical shipping information from Colt for
I just got the historical shipping information from Colt Colt Single Action Army Revolver. It was shipped July 1, 1882. The caliber is .44/40 Finish nickel Factory Engraved Has an ivory grip. Or whate… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have a 1843 colt 36 caliber revolver in excellent shape.
I have a 1843 colt 36 caliber revolver in excellent shape. It has a walnut handle with brass in lays that says sam's colt. on the cylinder there is a engraved ship and it says may 16 1843. On the barr… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
I have an old H&R Top Break revolver where ".32 S&W CTGE.
I have an old H&R Top Break revolver where ".32 S&W CTGE." is engraved on the RIGHT side of the 4-inch barrel. On the LEFT side of the barrel is engraved "H&R 'AUTOMATIC'" in Italics. On the barrel to… read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist
I received a Colt Model 1849 pocket pistol with no markings,
I received a Colt Model 1849 pocket pistol with no markings, except for a number next to most of the screws. It is a 6-shot, 7mm bore, octagonal barrel. The trigger guard is different than others I ha… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
I have a whitney pistol serial # XXXXX has never been fired,
I have a whitney pistol serial # XXXXX has never been fired, belonged to Robert L. Hillberg. Can you tell me the value?… read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
My Dad left me a Colt 1849 Pocket model revolver with the patent
My Dad left me a Colt 1849 Pocket model revolver with the patent number on the cylinder 1983. It has a 6" barrel and the cylinder is engraved with picture of a stage coach robbery. The condition is ve… read more
Jon
Jon
I have three pistols that I would like to get some idea of
I have three pistols that I would like to get some idea of their worth. One is a 38 caliber Colt new service WCF Aug. 1884-June 1900. Condition is a bit rough. One is an Auto pistol 22 LR Colt 155 #8.… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
approximate value of Colt 1861 cal 36 pistol in good condition.
approximate value of Colt 1861 cal 36 pistol in good condition. also value of 1905 colt cal38 police pistol in good condition.… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
My dad had what I believe to be a Colt 1849 pocket revolver,
My dad had what I believe to be a Colt 1849 pocket revolver, is this a collectable piece. It is a blue steel, with a 4" - 6" barrel. Serial number is XXXXX… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
What is the value of a Colt semi- automatic 38 " rimless smokeless-
What is the value of a Colt semi- automatic 38 " rimless smokeless- ser# XXXXX? My opinion is that it is in good condition.… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have a Colt 1849 Pocket Model Pistol, 5 Shot, .31 cal., silver
I have a Colt 1849 Pocket Model Pistol, 5 Shot, .31 cal., silver plate finish. Gun is in a oak box with cutouts and still has the key. Included in the case is: Pewter Flask, Cap Tin and Bullet Mold. A… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies