Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
She had a large thing of poop stuck to her and we soaked her
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian
She had a large thing of poop stuck to her and we soaked her her butt in luke warm water. and some came off so we soaked her more but i think she was bleeding and a part of her skin and feathers came … read more
cockatiel: poop on her anus, we removed most of it with warm water
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
my cocketiel has impacted poop on her anus, we removed most of it with warm water what does she have?… read more
My cockatiel has white dry poop stuck on her vent.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockatiel has white dry poop stuck on her vent. After I cleaned it off she proceeded to drink a full capful of water, then produced a big pile of black poop.. She is very tired and I'm worried… read more
My duck has a scab on the bottom of her web and a small bubble
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My duck has a scab on the bottom of her web and a small bubble on top. Soaked foot in warm water and removed scab but it didn't drain. What should I do now?… read more
MY parakeet has large collection of poop stuck to her bottom
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
MY parakeet has large collection of poop stuck to her bottom and I have to take aa tissue and wipe it off which seems to hurt or scare her. What should i do to help her-what is missing in her diet?… read more
PARAKEET: POOP..GIVING HER A LITTLE SOAK IN WARM WATER TO loosen..RUMP
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I HAVE A PARAKEET WHOSE POOP IS ACCUMULATING IN THE FEATHERS OF HER RUMP. I HAVE BEEN GIVING HER A LITTLE SOAK IN WARM WATER TO LOOSEN THIS. sHE HAS LOST ALL HER FEATHERS ON HER RUMP AND SEEMS A LITTL… read more
I noticed yesterday one of my hens was bloated. I brought
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I noticed yesterday one of my hens was bloated. I brought her in soaked her in warm water. I lubricated her vent and checked to see if I could feel for an egg, no egg. I gave her 1cc of olive oil. Thi… read more
Pearl, her vent is swollen, just a bit protruding,smarted on
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi Pearl, her vent is swollen, just a bit protruding,smarted on Thursday, I have been soaking her bottom in warm water and have applied Prep H. She layer on Friday and today but egg was soft shelled. … read more
I have a chicken who is egg bound. I soaked her in warm
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi. I have a chicken who is egg bound. I soaked her in warm soapy water for about a half hour and massaged. I could feel the egg and it feels close to the opening but sort of side ways. I put her in t… read more
We have had a lot of rain here lately, more than what the ground
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
We have had a lot of rain here lately, more than what the ground can soak in, and there are puddles and standing water everywhere, my chickens and kittens have been drinking out of these rather than r… read more
My parakeet has an egg stuck. It is almost out but stuck at
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My parakeet has an egg stuck. It is almost out but stuck at the end. She has had some blood loss. We have no bird vets near us. I've made her comfortable and put her in a warm calm environment. Ive pu… read more
chickens: we noticed one..her eyes..we bathed it again in warm water
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hello, Three days ago we noticed one of our chickens had one of her eyes stuck, we bathed it in very lightly salted water to unstick it. We did this a couple of times in the course of the day and it b… read more
I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD SEX LINK I THINK SHE IS EGG BOUND I HAVE
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD SEX LINK I THINK SHE IS EGG BOUND I HAVE TRIED THE SOAKING IN WARM WATER A FEW TIMES SHE EATS DRINKS FEELS LIKE A SOFT SHELLED EGG ON HER RIGHT SIDE JUST BEHIND HER LEG SHE DOESNT … read more
We are raising chickens the moms came from feed stores so their
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
We are raising chickens the moms came from feed stores so their inoculated for disease. we had some eggs hatch and one chick had a leg problem and holds her leg out straight to the side and cant walk.… read more
My 2 year old chicken looks like shes egg bound, and I did
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My 2 year old chicken looks like shes egg bound, and I did the warm soak baths and did the rubber glove to check her vent and feel for an egg,( she waddles like a duck) carefully not to break it if fo… read more
My female conure is having a problem pooping and last night
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hello, My female conure is having a problem pooping and last night she had blood on her bottom. I put her in a warm bath and looked at her bottom; it looks like there is a growth of some kind.… read more
We have a chick that at 3 days old had an eye that was swollen
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have a chick that at 3 days old had an eye that was swollen shut with bedding stuck to it. I cleaned in off by rinsing with saline solution, then after consulting with MY Pet Chicken ( where we bou… read more
my hen is not eating or drinking. poop is watery, black and
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my hen is not eating or drinking. poop is watery, black and white. a little green in it yesterday. i picked her up and water came out of her beak. i have been dropper feeding her 3-4 droppers of diato… read more