Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

We have 3 abandoned baby doves and don't know what or if we…

Customer Question
We have 3 abandoned...

We have 3 abandoned baby doves and don't know what or if we should intercede,can you help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the bird?

There mom has abanded them

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the bird seem to hurt?

No there not hurt just hongery

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the bird's name and age?

Wild birds in our yard born this spring

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2018
Bird Veterinarian: Rebecca, Bird Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Rebecca, Bird Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Thanks for trying to help these baby birds. The best thing to do, if they are abandoned, is to get them to a wildlife rehabilitator as soon as possible. There are ones in most areas in the US. These folks are the best at knowing what a particular type of bird needs to be fed, and they know how to feed and care for them so they do not become too tame, so they can be released in the wild.

If you tell me where you live, I can look up the nearest bird rehab specialist near you.

oklahoma city, ok 73118

http://www.wildcareoklahoma.org

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/law/rehabilitator-list

How are the baby doves? Can I help with anything else?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?