Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have had my bird for a week and it doesn't show any Signs…

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my bird for a week and it doesn't show any Signs of becoming tamer. It is afraid of me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your bird?

I have a 3 mos old budgie that I have had for a week and it doesn't seem to get any tamer. It is afraid of me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your bird seem to hurt?

It doesn't hurt but flies around the cage in arattic way.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the bird's name?

His name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blue?

I just want to know if it will get tamer . I have had it a week.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Bird Veterinarian: Joan, Vet. Tech. replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet. Tech.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years.

What have you tried with the Bird as far as tamming?

Do you put your hand in the cage?

What type of food and treats?

Joan