Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I just find out that my parakeet it has her back part
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
Hello I just find out that my parakeet it has her back part outside what can I do. The veterinarian office are close at this time? … read more
Yellow headed Amazon. 26 years. Put in outside cage happy
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Yellow headed Amazon. 26 years. Put in outside cage happy talking. when I got home she was sluggish and not talking. This morning she was very quiet and drinking water and throwing it up. She is now g… read more
HiIs Neomycin and Polymyxin sulfates dexamethasone ophthalmic
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
hi Is Neomycin and Polymyxin B sulfates dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension used as ear drops for lovebirds?… read more
My parakeet is about three years old for the last three days
Dr. Dan
My parakeet is about three years old for the last three days she has not been chirping and is not active andand her appetite has decreased and her feathers are ruffled what could b wrong with my bird… read more
Have a 30 year old Amazon Blue Front. She is losing weight
knstrand
knstrand, Veterinarian
Have a 30 year old Amazon Blue Front. She is losing weight for no reason. Took her to avian vet last month for watery droppings and bird sitting ruffled all day. Dr. found no problems with stool but p… read more
Turkey- Dark brown runny droppings for several days seemed
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Turkey- Dark brown runny droppings for several days seemed ok in evening dead next morning… read more
bird: eat---he eats very few seeds == drinks juice and loves eggs
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Our bird is having problems digesting --he throws up everything He did this last year and finally got over it Hes a weird bird--he will not eat the things normal birds eat---he eats very few seeds == … read more
Well question actually concerns Turkey poults. Age 2 weeks
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Well question actually concerns Turkey poults. Age 2 weeks at time of incedence. By lunch 2 were found dead & by evening another had died & 1 more was strugling and almost gone. We took the sick one a… read more
we have 8 chickens roaming free-range in our garden, 3 of them
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
we have 8 chickens roaming free-range in our garden, 3 of them only being introduced recently. One is now showing signs of being unwell - hunched up, ruffled feathers, lying down a lot, diarrhoea with… read more
than usual..drinking more than normal..watery..diarrhea, the number
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
We have a cockateil that we thought was just moulting but it has gone on for longer than usual and we have also notice that she is drinking more than normal. We have also noticed her droppings have ch… read more
Hello, one of my male cockatiels has a lump on one foot. It
Dr. Steph
Dr. Steph, Doctoral Degree
Hello, one of my male cockatiels has a lump on one foot. It is quite swolen, but he does not seem to have any pain. It is right in the center of the foot where the toes meet. It is on top of the foot … read more
In case you are one of the avian vets we have already spoken
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
In case you are one of the avian vets we have already spoken to, I am the mother of the Ross Univ. Vet School student at St. Kitts. She has a lovebird that has been sick for quite some time (lethargy,… read more
I had 6 pieons die this year (three pigeons die within the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I had 6 pieons die this year (three pigeons die within the last 3 weeks). They appear to be perfectly fine and suddenly stop eating and sit very inactive whith the feathers ruffled. In a few days they… read more
My nearly 2yr old Congo African Grey all of a suddenly started
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My nearly 2yr old Congo African Grey all of a suddenly started to loss of his feathers. He/she does not plug it but seems to like to bite it of. Now he/she looks like a baby parroct again. Any suggens… read more
seabright bantam chicken 7 months old. When I was feeding the
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
seabright bantam chicken 7 months old. When I was feeding the flock, I noticed she was sitting on the ground just outside the coop. not interested in food. lethargic, panting a bit. It's dec. in washi… read more
I have started raising white pigeons this year and have around
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have started raising white pigeons this year and have around 60 paired pigeons. Some of my baby birds at the three month time frame started loosing weight and their breast became very thin until the… read more
My budgie i think is sick. Lately she is always ruffled up
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie i think is sick. Lately she is always ruffled up ,always picking at herself. especially under neath. She is bare and red in that area. eats and drinks but when not doing that she ruffles hea… read more
I have a 5 mo. old wyandotte chicken who has been picked on
Deb Jankura
Deb Jankura, Veterinarian
I have a 5 mo. old wyandotte chicken who has been picked on by other 5 mo old chickens. Her membranes are pale and her feathers are falling out in bunches. She is not eating well. I have some terramyc… read more