Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Bird Veterinary

I JUST CUT MY CANARY'S TOENAILS AND ONE IS BLEEDING. WILL HE…

Customer Question
I JUST CUT MY...

I JUST CUT MY CANARY'S TOENAILS AND ONE IS BLEEDING. WILL HE BE OK? IS THERE ANYTHING CAN DO TO STOP THE BLEEDING?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your canary?

NO, OTHER THAN ALL OF THEIR NAILS WERE SOOO LONG AND CURLED UNDER. THAT IS WHY I CUT THEM. THEY ARE MY DAUGHTER'S BIRDS AND I FEEL BAD.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
1/11/2018
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Bird Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I would put a little bit of corn starch on it to stop the bleeding, but if you can't get it to stop, I would take her bird into the vet ASAP because blood loss can be serious in birds if they go unchecked and the bird might need further medical treatment that cannot be provided over the internet.
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Bird Veterinarian