Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My male parakeet has developed a small pinkish growth on the…

Customer Question
Hi, my male parakeet...

Hi, my male parakeet Tony has developed a small pinkish growth on the left side of his beak. He seems to be perky and eats very well. His droppings are slightly liquid. What could be done about it? Thank you, Eri.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the bird's name and age?

Tony is his name and he is about 3 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tony?

Aout half a year ago he pulled a feather when he groomed himself. Following that he lost quite a bit of blood, which I discovered on the bottom of the cage next morning. He showed signs of paralysis. Next day he was totally okay.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
1/5/2018
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Eri, can you upload a photo(s) of Tony's face to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.