Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Well I feel bad she was making this noise that was different…

Customer Question
Well I feel bad...

Well I feel bad she was making this noise that was different but I thought it was because we got her a companion but after now reading online her tail has been bobbing and all day yesterday she was puffed up now she has fallon a couple time

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the bird?

I triedputting a bird warmer in her cage 2days ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the bird seem to hurt?

Doesn't seem to hurt her tail was moving up and down

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the bird's name?

June

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about June?

Puffy and stays next to the other bird does move much but today has fallen off te purch 2 times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
she also looks like she keeps trying to bring up her crop
12/27/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on June, please? Which type of bird is she? How old is she? What has her diet consisted of?

You've described a bird in serious respiratory compromise often caused by infection (bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic) +/- hypovitaminosis - a lack of vitamin A in her diet.