Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My husband closed the closet door on her foot. She seems to…

Customer Question
My husband closed the...

My husband closed the closet door on her foot.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the bird?

She seems to be OK but I am worried. She is on one foot, the injured one is bruised and swollen and she is sticking her back toe out straight. She has been flying around but she was shaking earlier. I should do what is suggested on the website with the perches and food and water cups.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?

No - she is moving around and seems to want to be with us. This happened 6 hours ago. I tried to put Neosporin on her foot which was "skinned"

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
12/8/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear about this injury to your little one. What is her name? Can you post a picture of what her foot / leg looks like? Is she placing any weight on that injured leg?