Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

The beaks have black stuff in them one budgie just died have…

Customer Question
The beaks have black...

The beaks have black stuff in them one budgie just died have two left

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the bird?

The have loose stools now black stuff halfway in beak sleep a lot

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name and age?

Cheeks and pip siblings

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Cheeks?

Ten weeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cheeks?

Sit in food constantly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
11/27/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please clarify where this "black stuff" is. In the beak itself, in the oral cavity? Can you upload a photo of this to our conversation? You can do so by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/