Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My African Grey has gotten into some people food like cake…

Customer Question
My African Grey has...

My African Grey has gotten into some people food like cake and french fries. Her vent is discolored and looks like a little pus and maybe blood. she hasn't eaten in over 24 hrs and is very tired and quiet. I can't find a vet clinic or hospital thats open for the holiday or that has someone that can treat her. What can I do to help her?????

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr Gwen, Bird Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr Gwen
Dr Gwen, Bird Veterinarian

Hello, thank you for contacting us at Just Answer. I am going to do my best to answer your questions and help your bird, but can I get a bit more information? How old is she? Has she ever laid an egg before? What do you normally feed her? If you could let me know that information I'll try to help as best as possible.

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian