Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My parakeet is laying on the bottom of her cage. She seems…

Customer Question
My parakeet is laying...

My parakeet is laying on the bottom of her cage. She seems disoriented. She can't flip herself over easily if she gets flipped around.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your bird. What is the bird's name and age?

Queenie. She is less than 1 year

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Queenie?

I don't think so. She shares a cage with another parakeet.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Queenie, please? I admit that she sounded as if you would lose her soon after you posted.