Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

She has 0ne eye closed and seems a bit lethargis. Princess…

Customer Question
She has 0ne eye...

She has 0ne eye closed and seems a bit lethargis

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name and age?

Princess and she is 11 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Princess?

No thats all Ive noticed so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
11/11/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she had these signs?

Any discharge from this eye? What color?

Any coughing, breathing changes, appetite loss, or sneezing?

Any changes to the eyeball (ie clouding, hazing, ulcers, scratches, redness, etc)?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.