Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Today I saw it looked like the black part of the claw in the…

Customer Question
Hi today I saw...

Hi today I saw it looked like the black part of the claw in the water. Its like they were pulled off? The claws now look creamy pink? Is this normal? Do they shed? The birds are 3cand have never been to a vet :( they belong to ex husband who is out of the country and I am feeding them for him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?

They are 2 lovebirds. About 3 or 4 u think. Lovey and Dovey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?

I see them,niting,on a wood toy alot.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
11/11/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr G, Bird Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr G
Dr G, Bird Veterinarian
Hi I'm Dr G. I work with birds and I can help you out today.
Did you see any blood on the cage or on the perches? Is the bird fluffed up at all or on the bottom of the cage?
Can you get a picture of the foot/nails?
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian