Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
eclectus: On her foot where the nail and toe come together is all red.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a eclectus female parrot. On her foot where the nail and toe come together is all red. No blood but skin is starting to peel. It looks swollen. Is this serious?… read more
My Eclectus foot seems to be bothering her she has been toe
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My Eclectus foot seems to be bothering her she has been toe tapping all night and wing flipping. Looks kind of pink. Any ideas on what's going on??… read more
I have a hen that has what looks like bumble foot, it is on
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
I have a hen that has what looks like bumble foot, it is on the top of her foot between the toes, not on her pad. I have been putting antibiotic cream on it for a couple of days. Any suggestions as to… read more
My budgie seems to have hurt his foot, he has difficulty landing
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My budgie seems to have hurt his foot, he has difficulty landing on it and holds it out. Could one if his toes be broken, and will it heal itself? He is still feeding and preening himself. He is about… read more
I have a young turkey, my first. Her toe curled up on one
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a young turkey, my first. Her toe curled up on one foot and then another toe, same foot. A friend suggested I splint it. I'm not even sure its a break. Both toes are now curled to the left and … read more
my chickens toe nail seems to have come completely off. Its
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
my chicken's toe nail seems to have come completely off. It's hurting her because she's only standing on the other leg. I cleaned it with just fresh water and now I have her in a clean pen inside the … read more
My parakeet fell off her perch and seems to have done
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi. My parakeet fell off her perch and seems to have done something to her foot/leg. She isn't moving although her breathing has got better … read more
Our rooster seems to have an injured leg, won't or can't put
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Our rooster seems to have an injured leg, won't or can't put pressure on the foot, almost like it hurts further up the leg. He puts his foot down but has not support to it. … read more
My green cheek conure hurt his foot. He caught it on the door of the cage. It seems a litt
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
My green cheek conure hurt his foot. He caught it on the door of the cage. It seems a little swollen where all four toes join. He walks on it and is jumping around, but when he's perching he only uses… read more
my chicken can only move around on one leg uses her wing to
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
my chicken can only move around on one leg uses her wing to shuffle around not broken and doesnt seem to hurt .I have had all chickens about 5 years all others seem okay… read more
I have a lovebird who got her foot and leg caught in a fabric
Doctor Jeff
Doctor Jeff, VP and Associate Veterinarian
I have a lovebird who got her foot and leg caught in a fabric tent in her cage and she chewed part of her toe off trying to get free. Of course, as soon as we realized what was going on we immediately… read more
I have an almost 3 week old guinea keet that has a bad foot/leg.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an almost 3 week old guinea keet that has a bad foot/leg. It limps around on it and one of the toes seems to be limp and not spreading like the others. I've treated with the bandaid treatment f… read more
my chicken flew onto my arm ystrdy but slipped and hurt either
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
my chicken flew onto my arm ystrdy but slipped and hurt either its foot or leg not sure which,is limping what do i do,it is sitting in the nest box and doesnt want to come out… read more
my amazon parrot can not stand on one of her legs. I thought that it was sprained and was
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my amazon parrot can not stand on one of her legs. I thought that it was sprained and was keeping her quiet . The foot is floppy and she can not put weight on it. After looking at the xrays in the onl… read more
bird: five year old harris hawk..his perch there is no heat..lifeless
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i have a five year old harris hawk which has hurt its leg by bating from his perch there is no heat at all in leg but the leg is hanging lifeless the bird is other wise fine… read more
briard: eats..listless..little sick but not puffy feathers..antibiotic
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
hi and thankyou, i have a female pied parrot finch never seen her get her foot,ankle,or leg cought in anything,toes are not swollen leg a little ankle like an eraser on o pencel its been like that for… read more
I have a Buff Orbington which is lame. The ball of her foot
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a Buff Orbington which is lame. The ball of her foot is hard and swollen and her leg is now also swollen. Her leg has gone a yellow colouring with a blotchy red specks on it. what shall I do.… read more
Well, as of last evening one of her legs seems to be broken,
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Well, as of last evening one of her legs seems to be broken, or "dead" from the joint down. At first I thought it may be bumble foot since there was a small puffy spot under the foot. I gave her a soa… read more