Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
2 year old chicken, was laying until she molted, she has refeathered
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Bird Veterinarian
2 year old chicken, was laying until she molted, she has refeathered and still isn't laying 3 months later. Comb has shrunk but still pink. Was top of pecking order, now isn't (2 other hens healthy an… read more
We have a chicken who is molting and has lost all of her
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have a chicken who is molting and has lost all of her feathers on her back and neck. Today she started acting strangely. She's very lethargic. She is limping pretty good and has had to stop walking… read more
My bird is molting. Her poop is occasionally watery and she
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My bird is molting. Her poop is occasionally watery and she seems to be tired a lot. Is this normal? … read more
My 7 yr. old indian ring neck has been molting since memorial
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 7 yr. old indian ring neck has been molting since memorial day, while new feathers are coming in, he appears stressed, fatigued, diminished activity and persistent tail trembling. It is not unusual… read more
swollen neck and glands, wheezing..breathes..get some water down it.
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Veterinarian, DABVP Canine/Feline
I have been handfeeding 2 barraband parraqueets. Now one of them has a swollen neck and glands, wheezing when it breathes and is having a very hard time swallowing. I did just get some water down it. … read more
My chicken is not feeling well and she is swollen in her
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My chicken is not feeling well and she is swollen in her back end--could she be egg bound? … read more
My chicken has 2 bare patches on each side of her bottom. Is
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My chicken has 2 bare patches on each side of her bottom. Is this because she is molting? Anne… read more
My chicken has yellow comb and face. She lost all her tail
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
My chicken has yellow comb and face. She lost all her tail feathers so I thought she was just molting, but she is ooing worse everyday. She is eating and moving around but isn't very lively. I don't k… read more
I have a chicken that is sneezing/coughing. What do I do?
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a chicken that is sneezing/coughing. What do I do? … read more
My 9 year old cockatiel has been molting for over two months.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 9 year old cockatiel has been molting for over two months. I have had him his entire life and he has never molted for so long or lost so many feathers. His weight is fine and aside from this (and u… read more
My chicken has, yellowish, and black spots on the comb. her
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
my chicken has white, yellowish, and black spots on the comb. her name is ***** ***** she is 6 months. will my others get it and how do I treat it? … read more
cockatiel: drinks..color only no diarrhea)and she is resting..laying
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my cockatiel is 6,5 years old and last fey days she is less active then usualy.She sllep longer in morning(she is usualy up and about before all of us)she eat's and drinks normal I did notice small ch… read more
my chicken is losing her feathers only on one side its not
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Bird Veterinarian
my chicken is losing her feathers only on one side its not molting she looks like she ran into a lawn mower TODAY WHEN i was taking the eggs out of the coop little black/brown bugs were on my arm LICE… read more
seabright bantam chicken 7 months old. When I was feeding the
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
seabright bantam chicken 7 months old. When I was feeding the flock, I noticed she was sitting on the ground just outside the coop. not interested in food. lethargic, panting a bit. It's dec. in washi… read more
My chicken has a growth beneath her eye that appears to be
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi! My chicken has a growth beneath her eye that appears to be filled with fluid. … read more
Our 6 month old chicken has a swollen tail area that looks
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Our 6 month old chicken has a swollen tail area that looks blue and yellow. It is firm. I think she has an infected oil gland what should I do?… read more
One of my warren chickens has molted quite severly & is walking
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
One of my warren chickens has molted quite severly & is walking in a side ways motion often crossing her legs. She does not seem to be able to walk in a straight line she also seems to hold her head t… read more
chickens: backyard..One is molting, is loosing weight
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have 6 backyard chickens all about 9mo. old. One is molting, is loosing weight, and has bottom portion of her waddel has some whiteish and peeling stuff. Should I be worried?… read more