Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
Our hen is sitting in the coop not eating much food or
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Our hen is sitting in the coop not eating much food or drinking that much water with her eyes closed and isn't moving that much or speaking... What is her problem and what should we do?… read more
One of my chickens (I have three) is lethargic, not moving
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
One of my chickens (I have three) is lethargic, not moving around much, she is puffing her tail feathers and stands with one foot curled. She is eating. I haven't seen her drink. I noticed some of the… read more
1 adult chicken that had bloody weep from her eyes
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
1 adult chicken that had bloody weep from her eyes. There was bruising or blood under the skin around the eyes and a couple of small lesions. She had been setting on eggs for about 2 weeks. 4 days ago… read more
We have a chicken that is suddenly not moving much and just
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have a chicken that is suddenly not moving much and just wants to lie down and rest with her eyes closed. She leans to one side. She is limp and weak and we can hear her breathing. She seemed fine … read more
She is very lethargic, isn't moving around much, won't eat
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
She is very lethargic, isn't moving around much, won't eat or drink much. She was totally fine yesterday … read more
We have a hen that wont open her eyes very much and she wont
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have a hen that won't open her eyes very much and she won't move. We get her up and give her water with a syringe and she will take it but won't really eat. She tried to eat so me fruit the other d… read more
Have had a problem with a couple of our chickens. Gammy eyes,
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
Have had a problem with a couple of our chickens. Gammy eyes, beak open, totally lethargic, slow responses and sort of funny cough emitted every so often. Don't seem to be poo-ing or laying either. Sh… read more
my chicken is sick, Silver laced Wendotte hen approx. 1 yr
Andrea Scheer
Andrea Scheer, Mixed Animal Veterinarian
my chicken is sick, Silver laced Wendotte hen approx. 1 yr old, this just came on today. She still laid an egg today. She is unsteady on feet, neck hunched over with neck feathers extended (like she's… read more
Hi my chicken is struggling to walk and she is holding her
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
Hi my chicken is struggling to walk and she is holding her hed lopsided and is struggling to open one of her eyes, we are really worried about her.… read more
I just got a canary that is 3 months old. He has started making
Dr. Dan
I just got a canary that is 3 months old. He has started making a clicking sound and isn't moving around as much as he was. I read something about giving him a probiotic. What do I need to do?… read more
Our chicken had maggots feeding on a bit of poop stick to the
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Our chicken had maggots feeding on a bit of poop stick to the feathers near her vent. They had moved on to the flesh around her rear end. We have taken care of the maggots, cleaned the area with betad… read more
my chicken can only move around on one leg uses her wing to
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
my chicken can only move around on one leg uses her wing to shuffle around not broken and doesnt seem to hurt .I have had all chickens about 5 years all others seem okay… read more
I have several back yard chickens 1 is an Americana, 3 years
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have several back yard chickens 1 is an Americana, 3 years old. she is not walking around much for several weeks now. Did warm baths thinking that an egg was stuck but after a week on change. we are… read more
My pet chicken (9 months old) has an open wound on her chest.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My pet chicken (9 months old) has an open wound on her chest. The hole is about 1 inch in diameter. You can actually see food that she has eaten. What might the cause be? There are five other chickens… read more
Weve had our Maxamilion pionus parrot approx 14 yrs, my sister
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
We've had our Maxamilion pionus parrot approx 14 yrs, my sister bought her a yr previous of us owning her. She's never layed an egg until the other day, we called our local pet store and they said we … read more
chicken: 1 month old, has suddenly developed wart..beak..whitish
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a young chicken 1 month old, has suddenly developed wart-like deformities on head: around the beak and eyes. There are some whitish big ones and a lot of tiny black shiny ones. Was smaller at b… read more
chicken: swollen..egg..warm water for about 20 minutes..past 3 days
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a chicken about a year and half old. Her abdomin is swollen and she sits on her honhes and doesn't move around too much. I have checked and cant feel an egg stuck and have been soaking her in w… read more
Her wing is place. You can feel her little bone. She's
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Her wing is place. You can feel her little bone. She's moving around on the bottom of the cage with difficulty. Her eyes look good. She's eating. Don't know about pooping. We bring the water and food … read more