Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My male Pekin duck has a hot swollen joint at the top of his
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My male Pekin duck has a hot swollen joint at the top of his leg, just underneath his body. He has been on Sulfatrim susp. 1.5 cc a.m. & p.m. in addition to Meloxicam 7.5 mg 1/2 pill 2 times a day. Af… read more
My 9 mo old Pekin Duck has a swollen leg and hasnt walked
DocB
DocB, Veterinarian
My 9 mo old Pekin Duck has a swollen leg and hasn't walked on it for two days. Both legs feel hot. Short of visit to vet, is their any home remedies to try first?… read more
chickens: We came home from vacation on sunday to find one..swollen
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We came home from vacation on Sunday to find one of our four chickens with a swollen foot. The foot was hot, skin slightly blue-green. After researching online I was pretty sure it was an infection (B… read more
We have an emergency!1 a Peking duck came home and his legs
stiffy111
stiffy111, Doctoral Degree
we have an emergency!1 a white Peking duck came home and his legs are stiff behind him and she is not making noise but head is bobbing… read more
Well, as of last evening one of her legs seems to be broken,
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Well, as of last evening one of her legs seems to be broken, or "dead" from the joint down. At first I thought it may be bumble foot since there was a small puffy spot under the foot. I gave her a soa… read more
duck: extremely swollen..off his feed or water and has no trouble
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a 4 y/o male duck. His bottom end, from mid abdomen down is extremely swollen and very heavy. He is not off his feed or water and has no trouble with elimination. He has been to the vet who xra… read more
bird: nest..There were originally 4 eggs that hatched...I came home
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a baby bird nest in a plant next to my front door. There were originally 4 eggs that hatched. One day I came home and found the plant overturned and all four babies on the pavement. I righted t… read more
when i came home today my parakeet had ran out of water and
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
when i came home today my parakeet had ran out of water and food and had ruffled up feathers and swollen eyes. im afraid that my parakeet is dehydrated and im not sure what to do now, any advice?… read more
I came down this morning and one of my 4 ducks is suddenly
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I came down this morning and one of my 4 ducks is suddenly very lame. I think it must be injured but can't see anything obvious. We have a drake and I wonder if he's been overly amorous. Is there anyt… read more
I came home to find my parakeet lying breast down at the
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson, ER/ICU & Exotic Animal Veterinarian
Hello, I came home to find my parakeet lying breast down at the bottom of his cage. His eyes are partially opened he and he responds by opening and closing them to the sound of my voice. Other than th… read more
I think my Pekin duck, Georgie is choking. He makes swallowing
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I think my Pekin duck, Georgie is choking. He makes swallowing attempts and sips water, trying to wash something down. Linda Wendt Lord Hill… read more
I came home and my bird was puffed up and her head down was
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I came home and my bird was puffed up and her head down was diwn and spitting bird seed from her mouth she is a parakeet she seems to just close her eyes and just is unresponsive. … read more
My duck has a swollen Knee?? I guess you could call it the
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
Hi My duck has a swollen Knee?? I guess you could call it the knee. It must hurt cause she drags that leg when trying to get around. … read more
Dr. Salkin, my Pekin duck Piotr's leg is still badly swollen
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Dr. Salkin, my Pekin duck Piotr's leg is still badly swollen and an avian vet, Dr. Brian Speer in Oakley, Calif. that I took him to prescribed Tramadol HCL 50 mg tablets two twice a day, and Truprofen… read more
One of my ducks seems to not be able to use one of her
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi! One of my ducks seems to not be able to use one of her legs very well. I set her down and she flails on one side seeming like she can't get up. I have to support her in order for her to stand up. … read more
cockatiel: I came home yesterday..injured his right leg..cannot stand
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
I came home yesterday and my cockatiel injured his right leg and I am not sure how he did this. He cannot stand on it. I checked for blood and there is none. His right leg is swollen so I have been ke… read more
ducks: efowl and all came healthy..seemed well..difficulty walking
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Greetings and Salutations! I ordered my ducks (4 in total, 2 Pekin and 2 Black Swedish) from Efowl and all came healthy. All seemed well until the 3rd week, it was then one of the pekin ducks started … read more
I have wild ducks which landed in my pool and made a nest a
Rebecca, Veterinarian
I have wild ducks which landed in my pool and made a nest a foot from the water. I have outdoor cats and many very active children that come to the pool. There are currently 3 eggs, but I'm afraid if … read more