Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Bird Veterinary

She is pecking at the scales on her one foot. Jenny and

Customer Question
She is pecking at...

She is pecking at the scales on her one foot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?

Jenny and about 10 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jenny?

Nah but she is a real prima donna

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
10/17/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Bird Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Bird Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am an avian veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Jenny has been pecking at the scales of one of her feet. Is there any redness on the leg? Is Jenny able to perch normally with the foot that she is pecking?

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian