Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
hi have a ex-batt. she is very thin and although pecks around
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Bird Veterinarian
hi have a ex-batt. she is very thin and although pecks around she is very listess. have had her for about 2 months… read more
month old..wing..hydrogenperoxide&water mixture andputsomeneosporingel
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
One of our 9 month old plymouth rocks was pecked by a flockmate. She has a quarter sized wound on her wing. We rinsed it with a hydrogen peroxide & water mixture and put some neosporin gel on the woun… read more
I have a male Senegal parrot about 10 months old. He is pecking
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a male Senegal parrot about 10 months old. He is pecking at his vent a lot. He has cleared a close circle round it. It does not look sore at all but is a little extruded. His droppings are loos… read more
I have a five month old chicken that has pecking on the back
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a five month old chicken that has pecking on the back and is not putting any weight on one feet… read more
My husband closed the closet door on her foot. She seems to
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
she seems to be OK but I am worried. She is on one foot, the injured one is bruised and swollen and she is sticking her back toe out straight. She has been flying around but she was shaking earlier. I should do what is suggested on the website with the perches and food and water cups. … read more
My female cockatiel was limping about 10 days ago, favoring
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My female cockatiel was limping about 10 days ago, favoring one foot. Then she was okay for roughly three days and now she's severely favoring the opposite one. She's also leaning forward while she na… read more
We have three golden wyandottes just about a year old. One
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have three golden wyandottes just about a year old. One is constantly pecked by the others, and is very red and raw on one side, under wing. Any suggestions greatly appreciated . Thanks… read more
hens: pecking..bloody and we have to bring her into the garage..heals
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
Please help us. 5 hens are pecking one till she is bloody and we have to bring her into the garage. She heals up and they do it again. Is there medicine to put on her? How do you trim the others beaks… read more
hi I'm dealing with a chicken who began canibalizing her eggs
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
hi I'm dealing with a chicken who began canibalizing her eggs a few months ago. lowest on the pecking order. entered her first molt three weeks ago. slow blinking. puffed feathers. poor appetite. my c… read more
One of our hens (we inherited her and I believe she is about
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
One of our hens (we inherited her and I believe she is about 10 months old) is losing her toes a digit at a time and very quickly. We have removed her from the others because the attack her. Obviously… read more
chickens: her feet( a little wobbly) and is afraid
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have one of six chickens who appears to have been pecked on the head and is not sure on her feet( a little wobbly) and is afraid of the other chickens… read more
One of my ducks. A young female silky gas had her eye pecked
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
One of my ducks. A young female silky gas had her eye pecked by another duck It is infected. Oozing. She is fine otherwise. I brought her inside. She is in the bathtub now. Swimming. I need to know wh… read more
hen: eggs..signs) got kind of weak acting just kind of stood
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
hen raising bitys from fertilized eggs (not hers) 6 hatched Sept. 2, day one mom and roo pecked one chick to death, about a week later another died, they didn't peck it it was left dead in the nesting… read more
bullying: as she was pecking the others tail feathers..sprayed
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
At first it appeared there was same bullying from one chicken as she was pecking the others tail feathers. we isolated the bully and sprayed the ckickens with a product called Stop Peck. This doesnt s… read more
parakeet: has been trying to lay flat on her perch..tucked..walking
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My parakeet has been trying to lay flat on her perch. She also stands on one foot with her other foot still out and not tucked in. She has also been walking a little funny. What should I do?… read more
One of our ex battery hens starting gaping and the other
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
One of our ex battery hens starting gaping and the other hens were pecking her. I separated her and took her to the vet who recommended Panacur wormer - probably tapeworm. She had the full treatment w… read more
I have a chicken who at about 10 weeks developed lameness on
Dr. Goodall
Dr. Goodall, Veterinary Surgeon
I have a chicken who at about 10 weeks developed lameness on the right side. She could not stand on her right foot instead having to stand on her hoch. She topples over several times a day and cannot … read more
six month old cockerel that in the last week..developed
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
I have a six month old cockerel that in the last week to 10 days seems to have developed something wrong with one foot. He doesn't seem able tp stop whole foot from folding in on himself.Cant keep the… read more