Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I believe my parakeet has mites. I noticed a change in her
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I believe my parakeet has mites. I noticed a change in her about 6 days ago and knew something was wrong. I separated her from my other bird (who is completely normal) and placed a heat lamp and a tow… read more
Parakeet: There does not appear to be any bleeding.
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a Parakeet that has not been used one of its legs for a couple of days. There does not appear to be any bleeding. It just wont grip with it and while purched it hold it up slightly. Any suggest… read more
parakeet: is wrong with one of his legs...I think it might be broken
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a parakeet and something is wrong with one of his legs...I think it might be broken. I placed his food & water dishes close by. What should I do? Thank you!… read more
six month old cockerel that in the last week..developed
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
I have a six month old cockerel that in the last week to 10 days seems to have developed something wrong with one foot. He doesn't seem able tp stop whole foot from folding in on himself.Cant keep the… read more
I have a 2 1/2-month-old lineolated parakeet. He seems quite
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a 2 1/2-month-old lineolated parakeet. He seems quite healthy and lively; eats a variety of foods including a budgie seed mix, Harrison's pellets, broccoli, lima beans, carrots, peas, garbanzo … read more
parakeet: that has missing feathers above snare and looks
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a parakeet that has missing feathers above snare and looks sore, both feet and legs are turning purple. What could this be a sign of?… read more
Hi I have a six year old parrotlet and he is bonded with my
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi I have a six year old parrotlet and he is bonded with my 11 year old parakeet who has cancer and is not doing well. He started feather picking from the stress and now can't fly. The vet we took the… read more
To preface the problem: I have six birds (cockatiels and a
Dr. Dan
To preface the problem: I have six birds (cockatiels and a parakeet) who co-habitate two open cages. They have always lived this way and a couple go back and forth between cages and sometimes fly arou… read more
I have a parakeet that is 8 weeks old and looks like it broke
Dr. Dan
I have a parakeet that is 8 weeks old and looks like it broke its leg. There are no bird vets here in El Paso at this time to take my parakeet to. What can I do?… read more
Hen: 18 month-old..suddenly started limping three days ago..put weight
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
My 18 month-old Red Shaver Hen suddenly started limping three days ago. She wont put weight on her leg, although there are no visible injuries. The leg has a slight red rash on it. She will eat if we … read more
parakeet: day old..splayed left leg which I corrected..perch
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
Can an 18 day old parakeet's twisted foot be corrected. It had a splayed left leg which I corrected with a bandaid brace and now the left foot is a bit twisted and I'm afraid that he won't be able to … read more
Have a rose ringed parakeet. Approx. 18 years old. About
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Have a rose ringed parakeet. Approx. 18 years old. About 5 days ago he developed a swollen crown. The swelling appears to be going down, but now the crown is becoming open and raw. From reading on lin… read more
my parakeet has something growing on the side of its beak.
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
my parakeet has something growing on the side of its beak. At first I thought it was food stuck to her because it is brown and looks like seed, but after I took it off it was a little raw and it grew … read more
Greetings. A couple of days ago I saw something very blue
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Greetings. A couple of days ago I saw something very blue outside at the base of our compost pile and it was a parakeet! Being in NEOhio we knew its days were numbered if left outside. We were able to… read more
I have a cockatiel. Something has happened to her leg. It
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a cockatiel. Something has happened to her leg. It has a bright red spot (little scab), and her leg is red and swollen. I've put aloe vera on it. She seems to be acting okay. I hate to take her… read more
I have a parakeet that has a very swollen abdomen that is turning
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
I have a parakeet that has a very swollen abdomen that is turning purple and causing her feet to turn blue. She doesn't have her tail feather which was the first thing I noticed and she seemed to be p… read more
I have an 18 yr old african grey who developed a sever sinus
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
I have an 18 yr old african grey who developed a sever sinus infection 21 days ago. Was in hospital for a day ( all I could afford) Had a gram stain, Nebulization (2), Oxygen therapy, 1 baytril inject… read more
crusty: pigeon..whitish..seem to be able to close its mouth..seed
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
HI there -- There is a pigeon near my home that has something wrong with its beak. It seems to have crusty looking whitish stuff all around its beak and it doesn't seem to be able to close its mouth. … read more