Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
Hello and I hope this finds u well! I have anothr question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hello and I hope this finds u well! I have anothr question for u. I have a parakeet whose cere has changed. It has become white and scaly, with mild central thickening.Can u please tell me abt this ab… read more
I have a female parakeet that does not look well. She is lathargic,
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a female parakeet that does not look well. She is lathargic, Her chest looks bloated, here cere is chalky white and the color of her feather are dull and gray looking (she is blue with yellow h… read more
parakeets: had a seed stuck in his cere..injury that was scabbed over
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, a couple weeks ago I noticed that one of my parakeets had a seed stuck in his cere. After a closer look it looked more like an injury that was scabbed over. I called a vet the next day and took… read more
I have a parakeet with dark patches over his cere, not on
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have a parakeet with dark patches over his cere, not on the cere. 2 of them, side by side, over the "nostrils" but part of the head feathers, just close to the cere. Could this be mites? He's in gre… read more
I have two 1 -year old female parakeets. I noticed starting
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have two 1 -year old female parakeets. I noticed starting about 3 or 4 weeks ago that one of my birds had its cere change to a crusty brown and they are both itching and preening their feathers a lo… read more
parakeet: its a boy or a girl and its cere is whiteish blue
Dr. Dan
I have an 8 month old parakeet and i want to know if its a boy or a girl and it's cere is whiteish blue??… read more
Hi. My albino parakeet has had bumps on his cere for the past
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi. My albino parakeet has had bumps on his cere for the past several weeks. The bumps have change. At one point, it looks as if one nostril was covered, then the bump disappeared or flaked off. The c… read more
I have a 16 yr old parakeet with a sore left toe. It is swollen
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
I have a 16 yr old parakeet with a sore left toe. It is swollen and had a sore that did bleed but has stopped. It looks like it has a scab on spot where it was bleeding. I have called local veterinari… read more
PARAKEET: POOP..GIVING HER A LITTLE SOAK IN WARM WATER TO loosen..RUMP
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I HAVE A PARAKEET WHOSE POOP IS ACCUMULATING IN THE FEATHERS OF HER RUMP. I HAVE BEEN GIVING HER A LITTLE SOAK IN WARM WATER TO LOOSEN THIS. sHE HAS LOST ALL HER FEATHERS ON HER RUMP AND SEEMS A LITTL… read more
my parrotlets ceres is looking a little red these past few
Dr. Dan
my parrotlet's ceres is looking a little red these past few days. the left side seemed to have cleared up a little bit, but now the right side looks a little puffy... should i be worried? otherwise, h… read more
Hello!I have a green 1.5 year old female parakeet (guessing
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello! I have a green 1.5 year old female parakeet (guessing female since the cere is brown) her name is XXXXX XXXXX she's been losing weight and tail bobbing for the past five days. I took her to an … read more
parakeet: that I adopted a year..petting..friendly with the other keet
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a 4 year old parakeet that I adopted a year ago along with another parakeet. Sweetie has always been very scared and won't allow any petting. He is friendly with the other keet and they preen e… read more
My 9 year old parakeets beak is starting to turn dark is
Dr. Dan
My 9 year old parakeets beak & cere is starting to turn dark. I have found out it most like is do to his thyroid gland and not having enough iodine in his system. Can you tell me the safest way to tre… read more
I have a pet parakeet that has a wound under its wing. It
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi. I have a pet parakeet that has a wound under its wing. It has brown blood that is dry but the bird looked fine a few hours ago when I put fresh water and seed in the cage. I have a cat that likes … read more
Hi,Dr. Lynn This is Teilor Good again.I had asked a question
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi,Dr. Lynn? This is Teilor Good again.I had asked a question about my female parakeet or budgie having a dark cere. I have changed her diet and followed all direction. waiting to see how she does. I … read more
I have a pale blue parakeet who had a blue cere when I found
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a pale blue parakeet who had a blue cere when I found him and has seemed healthy enough but about two months ago, his cere has turned blackish and I no longer see any blue at all. Is this a bad… read more
parakeet: My little..She bites at them occasionally.
Dr. Dan
Hi. My little parakeet has a what looks like extra dry (white-ish) skin growing on her feet. She bites at them occasionally. What do you think it is? He partner's legs are normal. Thanks.… read more
Hi We have a young budgie (female) whose beak seems to be
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
Hi We have a young budgie (female) whose beak seems to be looking a little like it has small holes appearing on it and is not as smooth as the other birds beak My father inlaw suggests the top of the … read more