Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have an Indian ringneck parrot And a lump appeared around
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi I have an Indian ringneck parrot And a lump appeared around his beak recently I can send you a picture Can you please help? … read more
Hi,My double yellow head parrot has a grows inside her
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
Hi, My double yellow head parrot has a grows inside her upper beak. It shows on both sides of his beak . Can anyone help?… read more
hens: laying..shaking..Her stools, tho less frequent, are more watery.
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
One of my laying hens is shaking her head and opening her beak wide. She has become sluggish and is not eating or drinking. Her stools, tho less frequent, are more watery. I've moved her away from the… read more
yellow my budgieks margaret has something like hard sand on
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
yellow my budgieks margaret has something like hard sand on her beak and around one eye can you help yjan… read more
Our three year old parakeet looks sick. It is staying in one
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Our three year old parakeet looks sick. It is staying in one place and the feathers around its beak and head are clumped together and crusty.… read more
Hi One of my chickens is not well. She is panting with her
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hi One of my chickens is not well. She is panting with her beak open and lifting her neck upwards, making a strange sound like she is coughing, not a lot of energy, little bit of dirt around her botto… read more
One of my hens has been loosing feathers around her comb and
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
One of my hens has been loosing feathers around her comb and now some down her neck. I've been dusting her neck and head with Permethrin to no avail. Thank you for any assistance. Marilyn… read more
My parakeet is having its head like upside down, Her name is
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Well she seems weak but her beak hadn't been trimmed in awhile so I trimmed it so she can eat and I think she was having a hard time eating I don't know if she became malnutrition or its something else… read more
One of my chickens is looking very lethargic and has yellowing
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
One of my chickens is looking very lethargic and has yellowing skin around her face/beak. The others look fine but the number of eggs has dropped off over the last week?… read more
chicken: 1 month old, has suddenly developed wart..beak..whitish
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a young chicken 1 month old, has suddenly developed wart-like deformities on head: around the beak and eyes. There are some whitish big ones and a lot of tiny black shiny ones. Was smaller at b… read more
Bantam: Lavender..all the feathers..neck seems to be a little swollen
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Lavender Bantam about 5 years old has lost all the feathers around his head and neck. Also one side of this neck seems to be a little swollen. Any ideas? [email protected] He occasionally scratches and t… read more
I have a pair of doves and they are loosing the feathers
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a pair of white doves and they are loosing the feathers around their beaks. One also … read more
my rooster shakes his head, streches his neck, gapes his beak,
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
my rooster shakes his head, streches his neck, gapes his beak, and has a little wheez after his crow i think it is gapeworm. what can I give him to kill this here is th USA? have used ivmec, pyrantel,… read more
My dove is missing feathers on his head around where his
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
My dove is missing feathers on his head around where his beak meets his head … read more
my conure will start head bobbing and tapping his beak on the
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
my conure will start head bobbing and tapping his beak on the bars and even flick his head when i go to take him out of his cage sometimes. Is this something I need to be concerned about?… read more
Hello, I own nine different types of finches. One is a spice
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, I own nine different types of finches. One of my spice finches has been loosing his feathers around his head, neck and sides. Does not look like the other birds are doing this to him. I do see … read more
Do you want me to send you pictures of this swan showing where
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Bird Veterinarian
Do you want me to send you pictures of this swan showing where it is pecking itself? I have given it 30 mg of Virbantel for tapeworm and a small amount of Marquis paste a syringe for coccidiosis. It a… read more
My 3 year old lovebird has developed a growth on her beak and
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 3 year old lovebird has developed a growth on her beak and in the feathers directly beside the beak on one side. It is light tan and bumpy. What can I do for her?… read more