Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
Are there any vets in the U.S. who do surgery to neuter large
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
Are there any vets in the U.S. who do surgery to neuter large parrots, e.g. large male cockatoo? I've had my cockatoo for 27 years but it seems like this surgery would be possible, if not perfected, i… read more
My parakeet layed an egg,two days ago, but her bottom is still
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My parakeet layed an egg,two days ago, but her bottom is still bulging and dark colored. Is there something I can do to relieve that bulge. Is there possibly another egg or two inside of her? What can… read more
Hello,my name is David (From Australia)I have a cockatoo
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, my name is David (From Australia) I have a cockatoo that I have had for the last 1.6 years. The cockatoo is housed in a very large out door Avery and given fruit and Veg every day. I believe th… read more
Cocktails has a large red ball like bowel movement. Feathers
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
Cocktails has a large red ball like bowel movement. Feathers are all plumped. Laid in bottom of cage earlier, very still now. The bowel looks like a small tumor. How can I relieve her distress. I have… read more
I found my cockatoo in the bottom of the Avery in heat
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I found my cockatoo in the bottom of the Avery in heat distress. He is now calm and eating but can not stay on the perch. Will this resolve in time? … read more
My bird is consitently defaecating loosely in dark green (almost
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My bird is consitently defaecating loosely in dark green (almost black) color. Urine seems yellow in color and white part some times is predominant and sometimes the clear liquid is dominant.… read more
Umbrella Cockatoo: fed..sticky liquidy film..yellowish..sprayed
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have an Umbrella Cockatoo, that has a problem with his crawl or the ball on his chest where his food goes....It is somewhat swollen where it looks like he has been fed, but hasnt. This just started … read more
Cockatoo has chronically overgrown upper beak that requires
Dr. Dan
Cockatoo has chronically overgrown upper beak that requires use of dremmel tool to correct. Chews on the bottom of the cage constantly, however as of late is sleeping a lot and has weight loss. Primar… read more
I have a moluccan cockatoo , he is approximately eleven years
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a moluccan cockatoo , he is approximately eleven years old. Lately, when my husband scrathes cockatoo ( cockatoo absolutely adores him) cockatoo starts to tremble almost to the point like havin… read more
my moluccan cockatoo has a large hole in her breast from plucking
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
my moluccan cockatoo has a large hole in her breast from plucking a blood feather she is taking cipro for bactiral infection that my vet gave her and he trimmed down the beak but she is still picking … read more
my cockatoo has a red ball hanging out of her rear. i took
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Veterinarian
my cockatoo has a red ball hanging out of her rear. i took her to my vet last year for it and it cost me 400.00 what is it and can i treat it?… read more
my goffin cockatoo, has chewed a deep hole in her chest. and
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my goffin cockatoo, has chewed a deep hole in her chest. and wont leave it a lone. I have tried to put a color around her neck but she works every thing I do off. She acts okay but I know that this I … read more
What can I use to get my cockatoo clean of oily feathers
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
What can I use to get my cockatoo clean of oily feathers? He gets oily and dirty almost black color.… read more
umbrella cockatoo: 15 year old..sleeping..his cage and play..old...he
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
my 15 year old umbrella cockatoo has been trouble sleeping through the night lately. Normally he'll go to the bottom of his cage and play...but lately, he screeches, moans or just full out squawks. It… read more
cockatoo: year old male..lump on his stomach down between his legs
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My 20 year old male cockatoo is just sitting on the bottom of avery. He seems to have a lump on his stomach down between his legs. He seems to be in alot of pain. He has got worse over the last couple… read more
Cockatoo: started pulling..blood on the feathers very little blood
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
Cockatoo. We have had this bird for 2 years. He has recently started pulling out his feathers on the bottom part of his leg and now seems to be picking at his shoulders one shoulder has some blood on … read more
sulfur crested cockatoo 16 years old i came home shes lying
Dr. Angela
Dr. Angela, Veterinarian
sulfur crested cockatoo 16 years old i came home shes lying on bottom of cage head spasms lifeless...what can i do?… read more
My gouldians are stressed.They have a wet bottom and their
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My gouldians are stressed.They have a wet bottom and their feces are a bit soft, lite colored I feel im over seing something.I dont know wether to buy them antibiotic or find a med for diahrea.Please … read more