Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My lovebird is very lethargic. Wants to keep her eyes closed
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My lovebird is very lethargic. Wants to keep her eyes closed and sits at the bottom of the cage. Also seems to have problems with her balance. I notice that she has a watery discharge instead of the r… read more
My lovebird got a little squash and is eating but dont
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hello,my lovebird got a little squash and is eating but dont fly ,still can move the wins, and have one eye closed, and is not avian vet near.... :( … read more
My Conure parrot has been sneezing and now has blocked nostrils.
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My Conure parrot has been sneezing and now has blocked nostrils. He also has started closing one eye. I'm very worried about him being sick but I don't know how I can help him. Can you help? Thank you… read more
One of my cortunix quail was beaten up by the other males.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
One of my cortunix quail was beaten up by the other males. Particularly around his eyes and I'm not sure he'll be able to see. It's been three days and I've been spraying his eyes with colloidal silve… read more
I have a lovebird that was attacked by one of the other lovebirds
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a lovebird that was attacked by one of the other lovebirds in the cage, her featers on her back were ripped out, I have left message with the veterinarians that I normally use, but they are not… read more
lovebirds: swelling..eye just the white irus on one eye
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i just noticed that on one of my lovebirds eye the irus is white. other eye is fine there is no discharge or crusting or swelling of either eye just the white irus on one eye. what could this be and i… read more
hen: month old..one eye closed..lethargic and has an odor..infestation
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a 6 month old hen who keeps one eye closed completely and is closing the other eye. She is very lethargic and has an odor of death coming from her. I do not see any outer infestation. She eats,… read more
my bird is walking liek she is weak her legs seem very weak
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
my bird is walking liek she is weak her legs seem very weak she is always closing her eyes and shaking a little bit and she has trouble getting from one place to another like she is getting slow… read more
mygreen cheeked conure is not flying one eye is closed nearly
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
mygreen cheeked conure is not flying one eye is closed nearly all the time and today the other eye is closed quite often he is eating some seed and fruit and drinking water which has vitamin drops in … read more
One of my hens is listless and one eye is closed. She is in
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
One of my hens is listless and one eye is closed. She is in a coup and run with 3 other hens so there is plenty of room, and she seems to be eating a little.… read more
I've had my lovebirds 2 years now, but I'm not sure how old
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
I've had my lovebirds for about 2 years now, but I'm not sure how old she actually is. It's a female, and she now has a problem with what I believe is her balance. She used to be able to walk nicely a… read more
My lovebird has a small abrasion on the top of one wing. I
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My lovebird has a small abrasion on the top of one wing. I am not sure if it is from fighting with her mate, scraping against something or plucking out her own feathers to make a nest. It gets better … read more
Greetings! One of our lovebirds, age possibly seven or eight,
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Greetings! One of our lovebirds, age possibly seven or eight, 'thuds' about her cage. She drops to the floor of the cage, out of her breeding box in a decidedly indelicate manner. She was rescued from… read more
Blue and gold macaw: has one eye closed and the other open
Dr:D
Dr:D, DVM
Blue and gold macaw has one eye closed and the other open. When she does open that eye I see a milky film over the eye. This started suddenly as earlier in the day all was fine. Talked to person famil… read more
My black masked lovebird has not eaten since yesterday afternoon
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Veterinarian
My black masked lovebird has not eaten since yesterday afternoon (first noticed) I'm not sure about drinking. She seemed to have trouble climbing and flying around her cage yesterday. Last evening she… read more
my canary is only a baby but she is keeping her one eye closed
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
my canary is only a baby but she is keeping her one eye closed a lot of the time now. she is also sleeping a lot more so she is definitely not well. she used to come and wake us up upstairs every morn… read more
lovebird: one eye..There is no mucus or puss in or around her eye
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi I have a peached faced female lovebird she has one eye she is not opening all the way. There is no mucus or puss in or around her eye, what do you recommend I do. Thank you - Dolores… read more
I have just started keeping hens 4 weeks ago and one of the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have just started keeping hens 4 weeks ago and one of the buff orphingtons has one eye closed. She is also off balance with a slight limp. The eye itself looks fine when you open it up, there is no … read more