Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Our budgie hasn't been leaning on her right leg. Tweetie not…

Customer Question
Our budgie hasn't been...

Our budgie hasn't been leaning on her right leg

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name and age?

Tweetie not sure if around 7 years or more

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name?

Tweetie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tweetie?

Tweetie seems to climb the cage up and down and play around but he has been

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
tweetie seems ok and chirps when I talk to him just not sure how fast his leg will heal since it's been 2days now since I Ve noticed it. What can I do to help? Is there anything I can rub on it? There is no swelling or discolouration.. thnx
Marz
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. G., Bird Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Bird Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

I am sorry to hear tweetie is having this problem.

I will need a little more information to better help you.

Has this problem happened in the past?

Was there any recent fall or trauma that you are aware of?

Does the leg seem normal otherwise (is tweetie able to grab/grip with that foot)?

Hī Dr D
About a week ago his leg got caught to his bell ribbon since his claws are long and he started yanking it to get it free so I helped her m but he was a bit traumatised i guess. It is the first time this has happened
the leg seems ok no bruises or cuts
I actually made an appointment to see the vet this avo so hopefully it Ll be sorted
Tweetie has a tumor. We are putting him down to prevent him frI'm suffering further��