Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Bird Veterinary

My male canary is tearing up scraps of newspaper and making…

Customer Question
My male canary is tearing...
My male canary is tearing up scraps of newspaper and making a nest in a coconut shell. He likes to sit it it. He sings so he must be a male. Also I play recordings of canaries singing in the morning. Should I remove newspaper? Stop bird songs? Remove his coconut? He's very busy with this endeavor and eating well. He's a red canary
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
9/17/2017
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’d like to help with your concerns regarding your canary.

What is his name?

How long have you had him?

When did the nesting behavior start?

Ernie. From breeder 1 month ago. Behavior stated @ week ago

Unfortunately, I'm not able to answer your question at this time. I'm going to opt out to open your question up for other veterinarians to answer. I wish you and Ernie all the best.

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian