Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I have a pigeon that's a year and a half old and has super

Customer Question

Hey I have a pigeon that's a year and a half old and has super watery poop and is getting skinny I give it bird vitamins in its water and let it bath every week and clean the coop 2 times a week yet I noticed he isn't feeling to good and lays down and puffs up his feathers I noticed yesterday he puked a bit
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?
Customer: I got the bird just 3 months ago from a older man that had to many birds to take care of and had a little bit of bird mites I taken care of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your pigeon is having watery feces, vomited recently, and is appearing puffed up. Is that a correct summary of the situation?