Rebecca, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  veterinarian since 1985
11877925

Just found a dove in my back. it cannot hold its head up. i

Customer Question

just found a dove in my back. it cannot hold its head up. i dont know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: its a wild bird
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?
Customer: one eye is messed up. he trys to fly but cant hold his head up. i have him in a box
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about this dove; thank you for trying to help him. The best thing would be to find the nearest wild bird rehabilatator in your area. Where do you live?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Legally, only licensed rehab specialists can treat wild birds, and they best know how to diagnose and treat birds, and if possible, release them back into the wild.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard from you. Please let me know where you live, and if you are seeing my responses.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?