Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My budgie has a spot on his nose. Is it something to worry

Customer Question

My budgie has a brown spot on his nose. Is it something to worry about or is it normal? I noticed it yesterday for the first time.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your budgie?
Customer: He seems healthy otherwise. He is eating, hopping from perch to perch.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you send me an answer via email please?***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers by private email. Can you upload a photo(s) of this spot to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dr. Thanks for your response. We've kept a close on him and he seems to be lively and happy. He's eating well and playing with his toys (nibbling everything) like he always does.

Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. Are you no longer concerned about the brown spot?