DrRoyC
DrRoyC, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner & Veterinarian at Steeplechase Animal Hospital
98743513

My Alexandrine Parrot has been fluffed up, listless and

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, My Alexandrine Parrot has been fluffed up, listless and sleeping a lot. I bought her inside from the avairy on Monday night.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Her 'poos' are very watery and this morning I noticed on the cage floor they appear yellow.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** and loves to cuddle. She is about 15/16 years old. She was given to me when she was about 7 years old. This is the first time she has been not well.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 4 months ago.
Hello, I'mCustomer responding to your ?'S & conerns regarding your Alexandria Parrot.The fuffying & stool changes have me Very Concerned!!Please place the bird in a warm & steamy bathroom area, w/ the shower running.
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 4 months ago.
Do you have an avian veterinarian?I
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 4 months ago.
Pedialyte w/ a dropper, syringe, feeding. Sick/debilitated birds can aspirate/inhale the fluids.For calories, cooked oatmeal, cooked rice & blended w/ pedialyte so you can give via dropper.,
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 4 months ago.
Will monitor 4 your response Customer
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 4 months ago.
Customer checking in, you mentioned you have an aviary, assuming there are other birds, if you loose this bird, place on ice, DO NOT freeze, and get a necropsy done by an avian veterinarian. The avian vet may elect to send entrie bird out to a pathology lab. The loss of 1 bird can result in devastation to an aviary.Send pictures/video.
Did this bird "go light"?
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Roy C