Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.
60269376

My amazon parrot has one nostril that is clogged with ... I

Customer Question

Hello, my amazon parrot has one nostril that is clogged with snot... I got most of it, but there's still some on her nostril
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is parrot?
Customer: She just turned a year old and she's an amazon
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about parrot?
Customer: No, she's full of energy and she is still eating like a cow, her poop is normal I'm but it's extremely dry in Colorado and I'm wondering if that might be apart of the problem.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

It is quite possible that the dry air isn't helping your lass here. In regards ***** ***** to do to loosen that remaining discharge, I'd suggest taking her into the bathroom (perhaps in a carrier/cage) while you run a hot shower. The steam will help loosen discharge and hopefully she will be able to pass it or you will be able to remove it for her. Otherwise, if you have a humidifier or nebulizer on hand, this could also be used by making a steam tent (just cover her cage and the humidifier with a thin bed sheet). Of course, if she has been prone to this, daily use of a humidifier in her room may just keep her nasal passages moist and avoid further clogging for her.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great thank you
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome,my dear.

All the best,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited by the site for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )