Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I have 6, 12 wk old chickens and this morning i noticed

Customer Question

hello, I have 6, 12 wk old chickens and this morning i noticed one of them has a black strip on her beak and a small hole, what can i do to help her as i don't want her to loose her beak.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
That's a curious history. Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of this beak to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing and I can also have a specialist veterinary pathologist with a special interest in birds take a look as well for you. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had to send the picture to you by messages on my phone. did you get it yet?
Not yet. You'll need to send pics to***@******.*** who will forward them to me. This can take up to 24 hours.