Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

They are shaking and panting, Blossom and Buttercup. I have…

Customer Question
They are shaking and...

They are shaking and panting

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?

Blossom and Buttercup. I have had them for five days. This is my first time with ducks.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blossom?

No. I change the bedding a few times a day. I give them water. I let them swim in warm water for a few minutes every other day.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
3/31/2016
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site and even less with experience with waterfowl. How old are Blossom and Buttercup? Are there other worrisome symptoms such as inappetence, regurgitation/vomiting, sneezing/nasal discharge, diarrhea, lameness. abnormal posture? What is their diet composed of? Shaking and panting can be pain responses, symptoms of intoxication, respiratory compromise, or any number of metabolic disorders.