Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I have a alba cockatoo. The right leg seems to be darket

Customer Question

I have a white alba cockatoo. The right leg seems to be darket than the left leg. Left leg is grayer. This allready happened for a year or so.
I did not see this as a concern as he seems to be active, jump around, and love to play. But i am getting curious of the possibilities.
Any ideas why? should i get concern and take him to a vet?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. I'm not aware of any medical disorder that preferentially affects the color of just one leg and so I wonder, instead, about an environmental factor such as sunlight reaching one leg more than the other. Is that a possibility?