Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

May ruster is losing s aye vision Aye swollen some babbles

Customer Question

May ruster is losing his aye vision
Aye swollen some babbles in it looks like muscle is growing and covering the ayes please help me to save my chicken
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has his eye been like this?

Any discharge? What color?

Do you mean the pink tissue around the eye is swollen and covering the eyeball?

Did the eyeball look hazy/cloudy? Any dents or ulcers?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr.B this is Francisco with the ruster problem with the eyes it looks like the pink around the eyes is growing and covering the eyes it has some clear discharge in the eyes it looks like tiny bubbles in side it does not run out of the eyes one of them is almost close and the other is half cover this is been for a mont or mor I will try to send a picture of it
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Francisco,

Are the bubbles in the discharge? Or in the eyeball?

Were you able to post a photo? If you are still trying to, I will keep my eyes open for your reply.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Dr B
The babbles are in the eye ball
U can see pictures in my E mail
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I am afraid we are not allowed to use direct email for sending photos (as per website policy). Therefore, can you post them here by using the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and post the link here for me to follow.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello dr b finally I placed pictures of my chicken they are on flicker hope u can see them
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I am certainly happy to have a peek at your photos. Can you paste the link to the page they are on for me to follow?