Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

We have a parakeet that was lying at the bottom of the cage

Customer Question

We have a parakeet that was lying at the bottom of the cage but still breathing. He has a heartbeat and his eyes are slightly open but he's not moving.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. It sounds as if Flake were dying and I suspect you've already lost him. He presented as a patient in need of critical care from an avian vet but please know that it's exceedingly rare that even critical care can bring such a bird back from the brink of death. If you have any wish to continue conversing in this venue, please respond with further questions or concerns.