Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Budgee has big lump on side of neck it is black

Customer Question

budgee has big lump on side of neck it is black
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of this black lump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. I regret that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are some photos of lump

Oh my. That represents skin cancer. Squamous cell carcinoma is most likely. I'm afraid that there's no effective treatment available for Keira. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should she go to the vet for another opinion? it has gone down and changed size. it may be full of fluid.

It may be cystic, yes. If it's pedunculated (on a stalk), the stalk can be severed and bleeding ligated which should buy Keira some time. Can you see a thin stalk attaching the lump to her skin?