Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

After treating with cored how should I wait to treat

Customer Question

After treating with cored how long should I wait to treat for worms (regular worming) in laying hens and what should I use? Will there be a withdrawal time from eggs while worming?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello again! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've been swamped at my clinic this afternoon.

You can treat for coccidia and worms at the same time in most cases, but since there are a large number of wormers on the market, closely following package directions for worming and withdrawal times is the best policy. While each wormer has its own characteristics, as a general rule of thumb, the withdrawal time for most wormers is one week.

If you should still have questions, please let me know, I'll be happy to answer them for you.