Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of pet, wildlife, and zoo avian experience, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Ijust got a three month old check conure today he was fine

Customer Question

Hi Ijust got a three month old green check conure today he was fine now he is squinting his left eye he will open it and look at me but he squints when he is just sitting there not sure if hes just tired his eye isnt red or swollen looks fine could he have accidently scrathey it when scratching himself
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Based on your description, I do think the eye is infected or irritated by a scratch or something similar. When the eye is irritated usually it will start with being irritated and squinting, and after awhile the eye will then get red. What you should do is put human over the counter artificial tears or Genteal eye drops in the affected eye 2x daily. If this doesn't help the eye by Mon then it's time to see the vet to have the eye stained for an ulcer and then treated with prescription antibiotic drops, I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Pateet. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan