Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I am taking care of a 1 Y/O heron, he/she can not fly due to

Customer Question

Hello, I am taking care of a 1 Y/O Green heron, he/she can not fly due to some problems on his/her wings, they are not the same size. I have a picture. He/she is still surviving and living among other birds. I feed him/her with cat food (meat). Please let me know if I can send the picture to some email. Many thanks in advance. Enrique Molina***@******.***
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'd be pleased to see the pic but I must admit that such a presentation will be difficult to accurately assess from here. Do you have an avian-oriented vet (please see here: www.aav.org) available to you? You can upload the pic using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. If you prefer, you can email it to***@******.*** who will then forward it to me. This can take up to 24 hours.