Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Bird Veterinary

I have a Peckin duck that was injured by a fox. He has a

Customer Question
very large hole on his...
I have a Peckin duck that was injured by a fox. He has a very large hole on his right side that is I'm not sure stitches would help. Vets here don't treat ducks, is there anything that I can do for his health?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
8/1/2015
Bird Veterinarian: Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Hello and welcome. I do apologize that my colleagues could not assist you while I was away.
Still if you would like assistance with Monty, can you tell me:
When was he wounded?
How deep and how large is the wound?
Any pus or odor?
Can you take a photo of the damage? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian