Bird Veterinary

Have Bird Questions? Ask a Bird Specialist.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My parrot fell off his perch. Now he is laying down on one…

Customer Question
My parrot fell off his...
My parrot fell off his perch. Now he is laying down on one side and breathing has speed up. What should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Bird Veterinary
7/2/2015
Bird Veterinarian: Dr.D, Bird Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr.D
Dr.D, Bird Veterinarian
Hello there, I just saw your question. Sorry for the delay.Do you still need assistance ?Is this an African Grey or another breed ? How is he now ? What do you feed him with ? Is he always in his cage or free in the house ?I will be online one more hour. Sorry for the trouble again.

Thanks Dr. D,

I am sorry that I didn't get back to you in time but I panicked before I received your response and tried to take Tweety to the 24 hr vet. He had a died in my hands before I could get to the car.

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved bird. We usually consider lack of Calcium, Lead poisoning, atherosclerosis, acute trauma in birds who fell off his perch. I am sorry I could not assist you .