Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

We have had our cocktail, Terence, 2 weeks. He loves

Customer Question

We have had our cocktail, Terence, for about 2 weeks. He loves attention. He vocalizes frequently. Just yesterday, I noticed he has a small red mark/bruise/dent on the right side of his beak. It is on the lower part, about 1/2 inch from the tip. His behavior had not changed and his appetite was still voracious.
Today, it is a little more red. There is a very small crevice there. I can try to send a photo if you would like. His behavior has not changed with the exception of his vocalizations. He is still eating well, however, he is not vocalizing AT ALL today.
I can't stop worrying. I love him so much already.
What do you suggest.
Thank you so much!
Ann P. Scholl
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
It would be great if you could post a picture, that would help a lot! You can attach it to the paper clip tool in the chat box, or you can up load it to flikr.com and share the link with us here. Dr. Dan