Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

There is a teenaged wild kookaburra that keeps lunging at a

Customer Question

there is a teenaged wild kookaburra that keeps lunging at a glass wall that is reflecting his image the frequency of his attacks is increasing and the force of his blows makes a very big sound The location is Woollahra Golf Club on O'Sullivan Rd Rose Bay There are a few trees on the property and we think that his parents lived in the nearby trees but we haven't seen the mature birds for a few weeks We are very concerned that this bird will eventually kill itself if this keeps up Wires have come out to try n capture it and i have come with a fiend abig towel and a box to try to capture it We are rather scared of being injured by the strong beak and claws but we are desperate to help We have been told that if we manage to catch it and take it away for 3 -4 days to break the cycle we could release it back to this environment which unfortunately is the only one it knows can you help us help this poor little bird which is an iconic symbol of Australian fauna
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Pat replied 2 years ago.
Greetings, I am Dr. Pat. I have worked with birds for many years. I will do my best to help you.
Have you been helped yet? WIRES is great and hopefully this has been taken care of. I will opt out, but if you have more questions, just reply and I will opt back in.
Cheers