Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My parakeet has lice--i went out and bought protectors and
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
my parakeet has lice--i went out and bought protectors and put them up in the cage but how do i get rid of the ones on her??she laying on 6 eggs… read more
I have 5 Parakeets in various colors. 4 male, 1 female. 1.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have 5 Parakeets in various colors. 4 male, 1 female. 1. I have heard much controversy over hanging "bird protectors" for mites on the cage. ARE THEY TOXIC and am wasting my money on them? 2. If the… read more
Lorikeet: cage is kept spotless,but i think he may have mites,not sure
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
What is the best product for mites/lice in feathers of a lorikeet.Our Lorikeet bathes almost daily and cage is kept spotless,but i think he may have mites,not sure though but he has a couple of black … read more
Parakeet fell to bottom of cage last night, and gave out 2
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Parakeet fell to bottom of cage last night, and gave out 2 series of "screaming". Now he is hanging to side of cage. About a month ago I thought we were losing him as he kept falling for about 4 days … read more
My parakeet is suddenly going crazy--flying full tilt around
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My parakeet is suddenly going crazy--flying full tilt around her cage, squawking--there isn't anything in her cage that would frighten her. What could be wrong?… read more
My parakeet is now spending time hanging on the side of the
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Customer: I'm Teri. My parakeet is now spending time hanging on the side of the cage. it looks like he is favoring one of his lats. he also was on the very bottom of the cage and I"ve never seen them … read more
i have a question...we bought a parakeet for christmas (baby)
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
i have a question...we bought a parakeet for christmas (baby) and today she was hanging upside down in her cage and seems a bit unresponsive..doesn't talk and seems almost lifeless although she turns … read more
I have two parakeets in the same cage. One appears to have
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have two parakeets in the same cage. One appears to have mites and is losing feathers on his head. The other one does not appear to be bothered. What can I do to get rid of and prevent them?… read more
I have a parakeet that I have had for about 4 years. She is
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a parakeet that I have had for about 4 years. She is hanging out on the bottom of the cage and scrunched up. Her feathers are puffed out and she's not really chirping. I put the food and water on the bottom for now … read more
I have an 8 yr old parakeet. Every morning he climbs to the
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have an 8 yr old parakeet. Every morning he climbs to the top of his cage and hangs upside down and talks to me. I am able to touch him and he pecks a little as well. Yesterday morning he was plumed… read more
parakeet: s poop seems to be stuck on him, hanging, second time
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My parakeet's poop seems to be stuck on him, hanging, second time I noticed this, tried to pry it off but won't pulls on him.… read more
my parakeet sits on the bottom of the cage all the time now
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my parakeet sits on the bottom of the cage all the time now and his droppings look normal but a little "wet" or watery than normal. Is he ok… read more
PARAKEETS: ALL HEALTHY..cuttle BONE IN THEIR CAGE AT ALL TIMES..CURL
Dr. Dan
I HAVE FOUR PARAKEETS, ALL HEALTHY, LIVING TOGETHER. THEY HAVE A CUTTLE BONE IN THEIR CAGE AT ALL TIMES, BUT ONE OF MY BIRDS HAS A BEAD THAT IS VERY LONG AND STARTING TO CURL INTO HIS NECK, OR AT LEAS… read more
parakeet: cage..pulls out his feathers all of the time
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I recently bought a younag parakeet. also bought a large cage. At this time the bird pulls out his feathers all of the time. Can you give me a reason. He also refuses all treats including fruit, etc. … read more
parakeet: corner of his cage, with ruffled feathers..Sleeps..greenish
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M.
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M., Veterinarian
My parakeet sits in the corner of his cage, with ruffled feathers. Sleeps most of the time and has greenish droppings.… read more
hi my female budgie is hanging off the side off the cage with
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
hi my female budgie is hanging off the side off the cage with her beak locked onto the wire. it is night time and all her mates are nesting on the high branches. she looks weird. is this a problem? sh… read more
2 yr old green parakeet with feathers all fluffed up all the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
2 yr old green parakeet with feathers all fluffed up all the time, now staying on cage floor used to be very active. We have another parakeet in the same cage.… read more
Black rooster (breed unknown) has developed black spots on s
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
black rooster (breed unknown) has developed black spots on his comb and his tongue is yellow. otherwise he seems okay. a friend said he had "black spot" and he would have to be put down. is this a dis… read more