Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My Budgies right leg is swollen, and she is bleeding on her
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My Budgies right leg is swollen, and she is bleeding on her side, looks like the hard parts of the feathers coming through her skin and her wing is lifted. Please advise me what to do, as I don't have… read more
budgie: fluffed..Wont eat, feathers look very greasey..very liquid
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
Hi my budgie is all fluffed up, looks to be regugitating white transparent bubbles every now and again. Won't eat, feathers look very greasey and almost separating. He appears to have a very liquid wi… read more
HELP!!! Whats wrong with my budgie My parakeet has lost feathers
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
HELP!!! Whats wrong with my budgie? My parakeet has lost feathers under her wing and it looks like it is sore, and there are little blackish dots under there attached to the shafts of the feathers tha… read more
One of my budgies has normal feathers, but the other has
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
one of my budgies has normal feathers, but the other has these fluffy white feathers sticking out everywhere and is unable to fly. Eats and poops well. scrambles around cage… read more
I have a mail ringneck, and his feathers seam to starting to
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a young mail ringneck, and his feathers seam to starting to look like down started on the back of his neck and down onto his chest now looks like a heavy moult is that nomail… read more
a friends budgie has what looks like a tumor/growth that is
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
a friend's budgie has what looks like a tumor/growth that is growing below her tail feathers-just wondering if this got formed after laying what seemed to be a very big egg… read more
Why is my Sun Conure plucking her chest feathers. There have
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
Why is my Sun Conure plucking her chest feathers. There have been no changes and she acts normal other than the plucking. I have had her since birth and she is now abount 6 years old.… read more
Hi there ..I have a 10 yr old budgie for the past 6 odd yrs
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hi there ..I have a 10 yr old budgie for the past 6 odd yrs she has had growths and strange feathers (with like where the feather comes out from ) skin hanging down on her checks only not weepy or pus… read more
budgie: month old..s that still have their baby feathers
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
i have 2 month old budgie's that still have their baby feathers, is this normal or are they lacking in something… read more
i have a budgie that normally lives in my avairy .she has suddenly
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
i have a budgie that normally lives in my avairy .she has suddenly stopped flying she has not lost her feathers and has lived for years free flying so is not unfit nor over weight she has a very good … read more
My budgie parrot is very sick. He puts s whole head down on
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my budgie parrot is very sick. He puts his whole head down on his perch constantly. His feathers are ruffled look weak to. He is 10-12 years old. His whole body is arched and his head is rested on the… read more
my bird is losing his feathers on his head and it looks scabby
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
my bird is losing his feathers on his head and it looks scabby i noticed he is losing feathers on his body now he isnt picking have treated him for mites dont seem to have them the bird with him is fi… read more
One of my three budgies looks unwell. She is sitting with puffed
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
One of my three budgies looks unwell. She is sitting with puffed up feathers and lilting to one side. This just came on today. She also has a dark spot on her beak which she didn't have before, and th… read more
chicken: egg bound her tail feathers are pointing down
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
my chicken seems like she's egg bound her tail feathers are pointing down she is eating and drinking it looks like an egg is stuck inside… read more
budgie: fluffed..drowsy..time and has had runny poo that sticks
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi! I have budgies in an oustide avairy and 1 budgie looks sick, he has been sitting on the ground and his feathers are all fluffed up he looks always drowsy and falls over from time to time and has h… read more
my mccaw picked her neck feathers and they havent grown back.
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
my mccaw picked her neck feathers and they haven't grown back. Now she is picking and it looks like she is getting scabs. It is hard to take her to a vet. What antiobiotic can I give her?… read more
Hello Dr. Can you tell me what is wrong with my budgie. His
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello Dr. Can you tell me what is wrong with my budgie. His fluffy down feathers are all bursting through the outer feathers, when it flys(which is rare just now)it takes to the ground as if it can't … read more
Hello, I have a budgie and he is scratching itself more
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, I have a budgie and he is scratching itself more than normal. He is loosing more than normal feathers and I am worried. I went to the shop and purchased "Bird mire and lice spray" but that did … read more