Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My Macaw lays eggs(unfertilized abut once a year and goes through
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My Macaw lays eggs(unfertilized abut once a year and goes through nesting stuff first. She has been dong it now for over three weeks(starting just after we were babysitting a small dog). She eats and … read more
Egg bound, egg bound, swollen in lower abdomen, has been
Lian Yeap
Lian Yeap, Vet
was out of nest box tonight and seemed to have egg above vent, male feeding her… read more
my female cockatiel escaped, she has 4 eggs in a nest in the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my female cockatiel escaped, she has 4 eggs in a nest in the cage that the male is sitting on, she cannot be found what do we do will he hatch them and will they survive?… read more
lorikeet has laid eggs but has returned to the nest has been
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
lorikeet has laid eggs but has returned to the nest has been sitting there for a week but no eggs .only comes out to feed.bird is not caged nest is behind tv… read more
My budgie laid 3 eggs which she has been sitting on for the
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My budgie laid 3 eggs which she has been sitting on for the past 10 days. She has stayed in her nesting box the whole time, although today noticed her out of the box and had a peek in the box, with no… read more
macaw: 12 years Old..active..be alone, on a nest made from old socks
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Chesnut frounted Macaw 12 years Old. Very active for 12 years. Past couple of months she wanted to be alone, on a nest made from old socks and covered. I was her mate and she never left me alone. She … read more
My female cockatiel, about 4 years old, has been in a nesting
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Etiquette consultant
My female cockatiel, about 4 years old, has been in a nesting phase the last 10 days. She laid two eggs the first five days, then none the last five days. She had regurgtitation once during this perio… read more
my poor zebra finch is yet again egg bound, she has about 11
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
my poor zebra finch is yet again egg bound, she has about 11 eggs in the nest but these have been there for weeks. shall i remove them and take the nest away. She is now in a box with warm towels i ha… read more
macaw: hopes of building a nest..so I put the papers back in cage.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my macaw of 20 years of age has a sexual frustration , the bird shreds paper like crazy in hopes of building a nest this started about 8 months now and I took the papers away and then after a couple o… read more
Should my Indian runner duck incubate her eggs as she has laid
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Should my Indian runner duck incubate her eggs as she has laid eggs and covered them with nesting material and seems uninterested in siiting on the eggs… read more
I have a 22 year old blue and gold macaw who is laying eggs.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a 22 year old blue and gold macaw who is laying eggs. She has laid 3 eggs this time and had been sitting on them. I would like to know if I should remove them. Thankyou, Pat Macananny… read more
i own a 40 yr old blue and gold macaw and i thought she had
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i own a 40 yr old blue and gold macaw and i thought she had a cold but she is very weak and has even thrown up a little.... she does not feel hot or too cold ....is there anything we can give her? wha… read more
It is a blue and gold Macaw. I have had it for 35 years.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
It is a blue and gold Macaw. I have had it for 35 years. There has been some stress in its life over the past few years and it has pulled out feathers. Is anything that can be done to grow new ones? … read more
I Have a 33 yr old blue and gold macaw. She laid an egg about
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
I Have a 33 yr old blue and gold macaw. She laid an egg about a month ago. The today she laid 2 eggs in between 2:30 and 7:30. She seams to be fine. I removed each egg as soon as I saw them. I came to… read more
I have a young hen about 7 mos old, usually lays one egg a
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a young hen about 7 mos old, usually lays one egg a day, but has been sitting on the nest for two days now and no egg. I'm concerned for her.… read more
My budgie is one year old, has been hand reared from the nesting
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie is one year old, has been hand reared from the nesting box and generally very receptive to being out of the cage and with us. Recently, she gets very agitated if we try to take her out, ofte… read more
My female mallard has laid a nest of a total of 9 eggs. First
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My female mallard has laid a nest of a total of 9 eggs. First egg appr 3 wk ago. This AM she sat on nest for 2 hr, and has left it & has not returned, I checked nest, can hardly see eggs they are all … read more
I have an 8 day old baby sparrow that I rescued as it had been
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have an 8 day old baby sparrow that I rescued as it had been pushed out of its nest as an egg. I followed all the instructions on hydration, feeding and temperature etc and he has been doing really … read more