Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have rats in my aviary... I have read that a couple of
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
I have rats in my aviary... I have read that a couple of drops of peppermint oil on cotton wool is a good deterrant. I have a bird that has just hatched some chics and she is on the floor of my aviary… read more
If my sons parakeet has scissor beak, will it hurt the bird
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
If my son's parakeet has scissor beak, will it hurt the bird if left uncorrected? The bird still eats very well.… read more
My parakeet is staying in the corner of the cage avoiding the
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My parakeet is staying in the corner of the cage avoiding the other 2 birds. It does eat but something seems wrong.I don't know what to do for him.… read more
My bird will be in a room at the front of the house. Is it
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My bird will be in a room at the front of the house. Is it safe to burn a scented candle in another room? Can the bird be in the same room as the cat litter box (without access to it)? I know they hav… read more
One of my parakeets has diariah. They fly free in the aviary
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
One of my parakeets has diariah . They fly free in the aviary room and I've been unable to discover which one of my birds it is. What do you suggest? … read more
cat: wing..today thursday, is in the corner of his cage and panting
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My cat tore the wing of our parakeet on Tuesday. the parakeet, today Thursday, is in the corner of his cage and panting. Is there anything we can do to help him get better, or is it too late? The wing… read more
parakeet: is trying to lay an egg..i put olive oil down her throat
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M.
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M., Veterinarian
my parakeet is trying to lay an egg. but it seems to be stuck 3/4 of way out. i put olive oil down her throat and on the egg.maybe an hour ago. i'm pretty sure she just stated laying it this morning.… read more
I have a parakeet that has been bullied by another parakeet
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a parakeet that has been bullied by another parakeet in the same cage. It looks like the parakeet is hurt. Her tail feathers have been snipped or pulled out and she her wings are not up against… read more
what can i do to help my bird? I sprayed veggie oil and warm
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
what can i do to help my bird? I sprayed veggie oil and warm water on her bottom last night and put her in a steamed bathroom last night and this a.m. nothing so far. WHAT CAN I DO . I DONT HAVE THE M… read more
I have a budgie that sometimes eats its own pooh.Should I be
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
I have a budgie that sometimes eats its own pooh.Should I be worried?Also I put vegetable oil on the birds cage grid to prevent pooh sticking.Would you recommend this?… read more
My year old female parakeet is passing yellowish liquid
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
my year old female parakeet is passing yellowish liquid poop. What is happening? The Bird Vet pet put her on a liquid antibiotic given daily. She has only 1 dose given by mouth. I am to give for 14 da… read more
My children found a wild bird that appears to have a broken
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
My children found a wild bird that appears to have a broken wing. We have put water and parakeet seed near by. What should we do?… read more
parakeet: they clipped her wings and put an ID collar on her..limping
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have just purchased a parakeet. At the bird store they clipped her wings and put an ID collar on her. She has been limping and not putting any weight on that leg since we brought her home five days… read more
Overgrown beak in one parakeet. And discoloration in the
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Overgrown beak in one parakeet. And discoloration in the second parakeet. … read more
I have a noble mccaw and found a bat in my attic.. I heard
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a noble mccaw and found a bat in my attic.. I heard spearmint & peppermint oil will deter bats...I'm trying that but need to know if it will hurt or bother my parrot? thanks susan… read more
Amazon Parrot: bugs, I later discovered that the food had bugs in it
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an Amazon Parrot and 2 parakeet. A few weeks we bought a bag of parakeet food. Not checking the bird seed for bugs, I later discovered that the food had bugs in it. Our parrot is now constantly… read more
I had three birds up untill this morning. Two parakeets and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I had three birds up untill this morning. Two parakeets and One cockatiel. The parakeets shared a cage together and the cockatiel has her own cage right next to them on a table. Yesterday one of the p… read more
How to treat bird that ahs ingested furniture polish from cleaning
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
How to treat bird that ahs ingested furniture polish from cleaning feathers. Left in room by house care and bird dumped over. Seems lethargic and think spasms. tried to get a vet last night but live w… read more