Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a rescued starling fledged..... my wife found it with
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi !, I have a rescued young starling fledged..... my wife found it with its family on a fence very upset ... the bird was on its back , legs pumping unable to right itself...I righted it and it hoppe… read more
I have a fledgling starling, had it about 5 days. It's 2-3
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hello, I have a fledgling starling, had it about 5 days. It's 2-3 weeks old I believe, isn't flying yet. I've had it on a diet of earthworms (bought from tackle store), mealworms, waxworms, about to t… read more
my baby is a wild starling 9 years old ( i am a starling talk
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
my baby is a wild starling 9 years old ( i am a starling talk member)and has had a pea size or so amount o mucous with some blood in it come out after all her poopies move through her during the night… read more
I rescued a nestling wild bird, and I think it is aspirated.
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I rescued a nestling wild bird, and I think it is aspirated. I don't know what to do as I can't take a wild bird to the vet. It is currently eating softened cat food with apple blueberry baby food and… read more
bird: need to know what to feed it, and how to care for it.
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Australian ground baby bird. Fledgling, think it was yellow at birth, is now black. need to know what to feed it, and how to care for it. Found at a shopping centre if that helps. No mother in sight.… read more
I have had a cedar waxwing for 10 years (he was injured as
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have had a cedar waxwing for 10 years (he was injured as a fledgling and couldnt be released into the wild). He is kept indoors and used to fly loose in our house. He damaged his flight feathers on … read more
dogs: 2 to 3 weeks old.It was fed on dogfood..large cage..humans..feed
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a crow that was found as a fledgling last March. My neighbour found it being worried by dogs.It had very little down and thought it looked around 2 to 3 weeks old.It was fed on dogfood and desp… read more
So.... we have rescued a baby Starling, found just 3 days ago,
ECCMDoc
ECCMDoc, Associate Veterinarian
So.... we have rescued a baby Starling, found just 3 days ago, that had fallen out of the nest. No way to get him back in the nest (very high on our roof top). We are doing (and not doing) everything … read more
I rescued 4 sparrows or starlings about 6 weeks ago. They were
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I rescued 4 sparrows or starlings about 6 weeks ago. They were found orphaned in a nest up in a hitch in someone's 5th wheel while we were camping. I tried to rehabilitate them. They were going great … read more
Have found a wild parrot. Beak to not able to eat. Did trim
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi, have found a wild white parrot. Beak to long not able to eat. Did trim the beak a fraction, and did bleed, not a lot. I have crop fed it. Yogurt, almond milk, with a little pentivite. What else ca… read more
I found an injured fledgling in my bushes. It was being harrassed
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
I found an injured fledgling in my bushes. It was being harrassed by two cats. I know you aren't supposed to pick them up, but I was so afraid for it. It looks like it's little foot may be injured, bu… read more
I found a baby sparrow that was only about a day old. It is
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I found a baby sparrow that was only about a day old. It is now a fledgling however, it's feet are curled up. Is there anything I can do to help get it's feet open so I can eventually release it… read more
I have just found a fledgling poigeon in the road, had to pick
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have just found a fledgling poigeon in the road, had to pick it up as it would have certainly got run over. What do i feed it on please. It is fully feathered but cannot fly yet… read more
I raised a wild European Starling from birth--she is now 8
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I raised a wild European Starling from birth--she is now 8 years old. She has always had bald spots but now she has a yellow crusty spot on top of her head and I don't know what it is or how to get ri… read more
I just rescued a pigeon (suspected domestic that was found
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
I just rescued a pigeon (suspected domestic that was found in the wild). It has mites that I can only see under a microscope. I need to ID them so I can choose the best treatment. … read more
I found a starling on our porch flipped on his back. I am
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian
I found a starling on our porch flipped on his back. I am not sure what the best course of action would be. I could catch him easily and we have a lot of ferral cats in the area, so I am concerned tha… read more
cat: s mouth..Put him back in his nest but a couple of hours
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
hallo there I found a fledgling robin in my cat's mouth this morning still alive with a slight cut in his forehead. Put him back in his nest but a couple of hours later all his familly had left. What … read more
rescued..almost no bleeding but he was lightly limping today..hip
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
Hello, I have a Starling I rescued about 2 months ago and I just noticed a cut in the outer skin of his thigh, there is almost no bleeding but he was lightly limping today. I'm not certain about how t… read more